Great Job DG Hank Calhoun, the other district officers, the committee members, and other attendees at the last district cabinet meeting of this Lion year. It was held at the Orul Hull Camp for the Blind and with Low Vision. There were 28 Lions present for the morning meeting.
After the delicious lunch served by the Camp staff, about 40 people helped with the Camp’s Annual Clean Up.
Consider attending the Multiple District (State) Convention
May 12 -14, 201, Seven Feathers Casino Resort, 145 Chief Miwaleta Lane, Canyonville, Or 97414
There’ll be dynamic speakers, great break-out sessions and an opportunity to meet and re-meet other Lions from all over the state and Northern California.
Here’s the link for the registration form.
Lions 2016 MD Convention Registration
District O Convention was held Saturday, February 20th at St. Henry’s Church in Gresham. Here’s a recap of the convention.
- About 35 Lions attended the Friday night dinner held at the Riverview Restuarant in Troutdale. We welcomed the Past International Director, Robert Littlefield and his wife Kathy.
- More than 150 people attended the one-day convention on Saturday that had speakers, vendor tables, club contests and time to socialize among attendees. Dr. Littlefield spoke about having “mojo” not “nojo” to motivate us Lions to do more service and to build up our club membership. Other speakers were David Rich talking about being strong Lion leaders and Sharon Rollins talking about the Lion Centennial 100 Celebration.
- District Governor, Hank Calhoun, gave awards for appreciation and also gave out the club contest awards for best poster, scrapbook, newsletter, facebook page, etc.
- One of the highlights of the convention was the Parrots for Patriots presentation where a dozen parrots were shown. Chris Driggins, director of the program spoke about the value to pair parrots with veterans.
- The convention was planned by a team of Lions including committee chairs Vince Bishop and Robin Stoekler.
Lion District 36-O Mid Year Convention
Saturday, February 21, 2016, 8am-5pm
St. Henry’s Catholic Church
246 NW 1st Street, Gresham, Oregon 97030
See other Lion club members, learn about valuable new projects you can do in your club, and hear speakers about important programs.
Our special guest is Lion International Director Dr. Robert Littlefield and his wife Kathy from Fargo, North Dakota.
For further information, contact the district secretary, Carry Swesso-Bartley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Events, meetings and service projects around District 36-O Lions clubs Fall, 2015.